Week 3: Communication - Business & Consumer

I'll tell you about two businesses that I had a terrible experience with and how I dealt with them. 
      The first one is the famous Fashion Nova. I had never ordered anything from them because I try not to participate in fast fashion and its overrated. That changed when my favorite rapper, Cardi B, launched a capsule line with them last year. I placed my first order, two days later I had not received a confirmation email or any email for that matter. 4 days went by, and I emailed them to request information about my order, and they responded 5 days later with the order number but no tracking information. I waited another week, and I sent them an email asking if it had been delivered because I wasn't able to retrieve that information with my order number. I took to Instagram and went through their last posts and noticed there were messages from other unhappy customers! I wish I had seen that before ordering from them. I left a message for them on Instagram like the others and was petty enough to go to one of Cardi B's posts and left a reply for FashionNova's comment on her image. I just said, " You have time to comment on Cardi B's posts, yet you can't get back to your customers?" I know that their social media department is probably the one who takes care of that and not the shipping department, but I was hoping that perhaps they could relay a message to them. Many others left similar comments on FashionNova's comments on Cardi's too. A couple of weeks later I received an email from FashioNova telling me that they would be refunding my money in 5-6  business days because they didn't have the dress I wanted anymore and it had sold out. I know I will never purchase anything from them. 

     The second business is no longer in business, but it sold waist trainers via Instagram and a website link. I purchased one for $60 and a month passed, and I didn't receive an email or the product. I went to their website, and they didn't have an email, chat box, or address. They had a phone number which they never answered. I was upset, so I went to the Better Business Bureau website looked the business up, and I left a complaint. There were many more complaints there too about the same issue! They blocked me on Instagram. Three months later I received 2 waist trainers! I felt terrible because I did that, but had they communicated with me I would not have gone out of my way to do that. 
Social media makes it easier to get noticed because businesses will be quicker to respond to your comment to rectify their wrongdoings.

     I had a positive experience with Rival Boxing Gear. They are super cool people! They repost my content when I tag them. They DM me to ask how I am doing. My husband and I purchase a lot from them, so I think they already know who we are. We have bought many pairs of boxing gloves and other high ticket items like gym equipment. They are so responsive and friendly!

      I have my own business, and I haven't received any negative feedback because I have had those bad experiences before, so I put fires out before they occur. I provide excellent service and am thankful for my customers because they keep me in business, therefore, they deserve the utmost respect and I go out of my way to treat them like I would treat family. They are my #coahfamily and #friendsofcoah! I receive positive comments often, and I make sure to respond to them and tell them how thankful I am for their support. I repost the content they send me where they are pictured with my products. Unlike other businesses who don't acknowledge their customers. I follow them back on Instagram too, unlike other companies who don't follow more than 2k people of whatever reason.

      If I were to receive a negative comment, I would not take it personally because that's just not the type of person I am. I would send them a message asking them how I could help them and what would make them satisfied. I'd offer a gift certificate or a discount.  If my brand grows to the point where I can't handle the social media aspect as often as I do now, I will make sure that whoever I hire to manage that is as responsive and friendly as I am with my customers. 

Comments

  1. Hi Cristina!

    Great post! I appreciate your real life examples of social media use with businesses and how you have applied those experiences to your own company. Although I do not have my own business I agree that you have to not take the negative comments personally. Your approach is very much customer service oriented. I wish you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that fashion nova takes a really long time with their orders, I feel like they kind of focused on becoming a popular store rather than focusing on how they treat customers. Businesses do respond quicker on social media because they don't want other customers to see that they handled a situation badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina!
    I love the superior customer service that you mentioned you provide! I think that is really cool that you acknowledge your customers because you're right, most companies don't do that. I agree with you about not taking negative comments personally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts