Wrapping it up

Social Media Evolution

In this semester, I have explored MailChimp, which I had always wanted to do but didn't find the time to do so. I had heard about Hootsuite via Instagram ads, and I was reluctant to use it, but I am glad that it was a requirement to explore because this is a tool that I will be using for my business to dominate my social media. I didn't post as much this semester on my social media because I was focusing on my classes and assignments. I wasn't posting as I had planned during the winter break, which is when I grew the most. I learned how to use Facebook scheduled posts which I was ignorant to. There are so many great tools on Facebook that did positively help my business with customer interaction.

Growth and Stagnation

I only use Instagram and Facebook for my store. I have been at a steady 756 - 768 in followers on Instagram. I have an average of 44 likes on each image and less than 7 comments on each. I think this is due to my lack of interaction with my followers and because I haven't been exploring other accounts as I should. I think I can get some help from some apps that can help me expedite responses. I know of some bots that do this for larger companies and they are costly, but  I think it would be a great way to grow. 
Crafts of a Hand gained about 11 likes which came from the class, so that's good. I am thankful for that. I haven't created or edited more content for my social media because I have been busy with school, so I had been using stock photos which have been just as successful as my images. 

Viewpoint

My viewpoint on social media has not changed. I know that it is imperative nowadays for all businesses to be relevant and prevail. It is a useful tool to broadcast your brand to current customers and reach new customers. You can use it to display your brand's image and create a persona for it that others will be attracted to. It is a great tool that is free for the most part, you just have to dedicate some time to it and interact with your customers. You can use it to provide excellent services and communicate with your customers by posting about things that are related to your brands, such as behind the scenes photos and videos. Some platforms are more valuable than others, depending on your business type and your target market. 

Understanding

I had a full understanding of Instagram. I thought I had an understanding of Facebook, but after taking this class, I gained new knowledge about business tools and different ads that are available. I also learned that you can post ads on Twitter, which I was unaware of; however, I realized that Twitter isn't useful for me. Even, I didn't know about Blogger, and I won't be using it because I don't want to make customers go here and there to find information. I will be implementing a blog to the Facebook page because it's available, and my customers can read it there instead. 

Social Media Services for Myself

I don't want to call attention to myself, so I don't intend on using these services for myself as I don't offer any services, so it doesn't make sense for me to pay money to create ads for my personal social media accounts. 


Comments

Popular Posts