Week 13: Online Advertising Blog 1

Online Advertising Blog 1 of Week 13

The Little Market is a nonprofit, so they focus on getting free media coverage, being that Loren Conrad is a celebrity she already gains attention from consumers because of that. I went to their Facebook to see their ads, and they only have one ad about hand carved salad serving spoons. It is a carousel ad and doesn't have any interactions with it. I don't think it was that effective because it only shows the spoons laid flat on a table. Although they are beautiful, the caption only describes where it is from. I think they should have had a photo of the spoon displayed in a kitchen environment; that would let the customer imagine themselves using the spoons.


Artelexia doesn't have any ads on social media, but I did find an article about her and her store in Barrio Logan. Josie Gonzales displays some of what Alexia has in store, but they are "big picture" images that don't necessarily display anything specific.


Mayan Hands has some ads on their Facebook, and their photos aren't the greatest. They are advertising religious figurines which I think are not the best way to display their other colonial handmade art. These aren't their focus so I think they did it because it may be what is harder for them to sell it. Also, their other ad is promoting brand awareness. That's a great way to get Facebook users to come and like your page and possibly buy something from your store.


Fonart has a paragraph feature in a Travel + Leisure article about handicrafts. It is generating brand awareness for the readers of the digital magazine, and it isn't selling anything; only promoting the social impact, the brand has on the Mexican artisans who create the products similar to Crafts of a Hand. They have the following image, and it doesn't generate any excitement for me as a user to visit their website. In my opinion, they could have chosen a better photo. Their call to action is to visit their website to learn more about their cause.


Novica has beautiful ads, but they are annoying because I clicked on an announcement last year and it was haunting me for a month! That is why I refuse to post anything about them or else that will happen again. Their ads are crystal clear and beautiful and have motivated me to click on them. 

Traditional advertising is beautiful to me because it catches me by surprise when I am reading a magazine. They are ads that I am not looking for and are in a magazine of my choosing so whatever is in it is what I like. Once I see an advertisement that I like, I will go online and find out more about it at my leisure. I don't like online ads. In fact, I ignore them and close them immediately before reading them. 

Comments

Popular Posts