Week 8 Post 2


Post 2

Visual media is a key factor for my business because I promote items that customers need to see in different settings in order for them to visualize themselves using the product or wearing the accessory. 
Some business examples are: 

@artelexia 
95.1k followers 
Her last post was 4 days ago, and she posts unexpectedly. It looks like she makes two posts a day and then doesn't post for a few days and then posts one image then doesn't post another until the next week. The posts with over 5,000 likes are tagged to someone famous or when she uses hashtags. When she doesn't use hashtags, she has an average of 800-1,000 likes. She gets about 60 comments per post. 
Hashtags used: artelexia; handmade; pinata; bringingmexicotoyou and amor. 
From this, I learned that I should tag a famous person if the post is relevant to that person or if I am honoring them like she does with Frida Kahlo. She posts close-ups of her products to where you can see the fin details of it, and I think that would work for my textiles! 

@bohomelody 
71.3k followers
They make 3 posts a day, and their last post was 1 hour ago. They have an average of 300 likes per post. It's tough though because some posts have 1,200 likes, but most are between 150 and 400 likes. I think this is quite fishy for the number of followers they have! I infer that they purchased their followers because if they are posting 3 times a day, they should be in their followers feed enough that they would engage with it. I cannot confirm though. 
They have less than 6 comments per post. 
The hashtags they use are: boho-style; boho-chic; boho dress; gipsy  (pretty much anything with boho in it)
I think I could probably purchase a couple of thousand followers to give the vibe of being a favorite brand, but I think it's not such a significant investment because people unfollow quickly and it's not like they are bound to stay.


@glamlindo_artesania
14.4k followers 
Last time they posted was two hours ago. They post every two days and have an average of 200 likes. Some posts are more popular than others achieving up to 645 likes. Nonetheless, I think that for the number of followers they have, they should have at least 6,000 likes per post. Once, again, this leads me to infer that they purchase some of their followers. Which is very common nowadays. They receive 10-25 comments per post. 
Some of the hashtags they use are: campesina; shoplatinx; globallatina; lablusita; springready 
Most of their posts don't have hashtags though. It also seems like the ones without hashtags have less engagement. This means that I will always use hashtags to reach more people.

@mividaboutique 
has 74.8k followers 
Their last post was 5 hours ago, and they post 2 per 24 hours. One in the early morning and the other around night time. When they make a clothing post, they get an average of 590 likes and less than 6 comments. When they post event images, they get about 160 likes and one comment. I think it's because they have too much copy on the image and people aren't attracted to that. Their videos have an average of 1,300 views. 
The hashtags they use are: protection; chicanx; art; artist; chicano. 
I love the filters they use, and it looks like they take their time editing their images and put in a lot of creativity to generate unique content! I will be doing the same once I am done with school this semester and can devote that extra time to that.

Comments

Popular Posts